Wednesday, July 25, 2007

New Books


I have two new books coming out. One is called Just for Me: Friends. It's actually already in print but is not quite available in stores yet.

The other one is called Just for Me: The Bible. I have been working on line proofs this week. That means I have basically a rough draft of the book in front of me and have to go through it sentence by sentence to make sure there are no mistakes.

These books are both for girls 6-9 so if you are reading the Christian Girl's Guide set, these are a little young for you, but perfect for a younger sister, cousin or your best friend's younger sister.

Here is a little activity from the first chapter:

True Friends
Think about words that describe your friends.. Try to think of one description for each letter in the word "friend." You might use words that tell about your friend's personality. You might write down activities that your friend and you like to do together. You can even write down your favorite foods. Here's an example:
F - funny
R - running
I - ice cream
E - excited
N - nice
D - drawing

Now you try:
F
R
I
E
N
D

Leave a comment and let me know what you fill in for each letter!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

French fries
Reading
Insider
Enthusiastic
Never ending
Dunkin' donuts and dance
Sister


Jillian

DragonRider said...

I am not 6-8 but I wanted to do an acrostic anyways.
This one is for my friend Allyson.
Faithful
Respectful
Inspiering
Enterjetic
Nice
Dependable

This one is for my friend Kathrine.
Funny
Respectful
Inspiering
Encouraging
Nice
Dependable

Dragon Rider
16
Flordia

Anonymous said...

Allyson, age 6, for my friend Lenya

F- Friendly
R- Resourceful
I- interesting
E- enthusiastic
N- nice
D -Dancer

Anonymous said...

F - Fantastic
R - Run a Race
I - Imagine
E - Eat
N - Neat
D - Dream

Anonymous said...

Oops... forgot to put my name, age & state (last post).

Rachel, age 6, FL (for my friends, Chloe & Lindsey)

Here is my acronym again:

F - Fantastic
R - Run a Race
I - Imagine
E - Eat
N - Neat
D - Dream