The Christmas story is one of the most well known of all Bible stories. How much do you remember from it? The questions below are taken from Matthew 1 and 2, and Luke 1and 2.
1. God sent this angel to tell Mary of the coming birth of Christ. _______________________
2. The angel instructed Mary to give the baby this name. __________________________
3. Nazareth was a city in this province. _____________________________
4. Joseph was of this house and lineage. ____________________________
5. He was governor of Syria at the time of the taxing. _________________________
6. This older cousin of Mary's was also expecting a baby. _________________________
7. What two words were used to describe Mary--one by the angel and one by Elizabeth? ____________________
8. Mary stayed with her cousin for this amount of time. _______________________
9. The cousin named her baby this. ______________________
10. This person said all the world should be taxed. _______________________
11. This is what Mary wrapped her baby in. _________________________
12. This town was where Mary and Joseph went to pay their taxes. ____________________
13. This is who informed the shepherds of Jesus' birth. ___________________
14. It means "God with us." ________________________
15. He was king of Judea at the time of Jesus' birth. ______________________
16. The wisemen followed this. _____________________________
17. These are the gifts the wisemen brought. __________________ ________________ ________________
18. It warned Joseph to flee to Egypt. ____________________
19. Joseph was to stay in Egypt until this happened. _________________
20. The angels said this to the shepherds. "_____________________________________________________________________"
ANSWERS: Gabriel, Jesus, Galilee, David, Cyrenius, Elizabeth, favored and blessed (same in KJV and NIV), three months, John, Caesar Augustus, swaddling clothes, Bethlehem, angels, Emmanuel, Herod, a star, gold, frankincense, and myrrh, angel in a dream, Herod died, "Glory to God in the highest, and on earth, peace, good will toward men (or qoute from another translation.)
SCORING: If you missed:
0-2 Great! You probably have memorized the story.
3-4 Good! You are familiar with most of the details.
5-7 You are just about average.
8-20 Reread the story from your Bible and try again!