Saturday, December 29, 2007

Don't Start the New Year Without Them

These are the five books I currently have in print. More to come and one that went out of print. If you've been following this blog, you've read about these books already, had a chance to get a free copy and a gift bag. You've read reviews by ohter girls and seen pictures of girls with their copies of the books. I love to get reader photos!

READ TO THE BOTTOM to find out how to get a book for free.


Just for Me: Friends--no the girls aren't really blue on the cover. Here is the product description from christianbook.com and two reviews.


Friendships are things to cherish. You can live God's way with your friends, and become the best friend that you can be! Just for Me: Friends will show you how. Find out how to solve friendship problems, and get to know your best friend even better. Also learn about fun things to do for your friends, and look for the best place make new friends. By the end of this book, you'll be a friendship expert! You can keep your place as you read with the attached foam bookmark. Just for Me: Friends is filled with activities, stories, crafts, games, puzzles, quizzes, and more! Recommended for ages 6 to 9.
2 of 2 Reviews Showing:

Reviewed by Michaela (USA), November 03, 2007

I read this all in a week. It helped me deal with problems with my friends and to get along with them better. It also talked about all kinds of friends and how to make new friends.

Reviewed by Tai (florida), November 02, 2007

This is a great book for girls that comes with a cool bookmark. It has puzzles, crafts and lots of stories. It covers what a friend is, how to be a friend, how to make friends and how to solve friendship problems.





The Christian Girl's Guide to Being Your Best was my first book with Legacy Press. Here is the product description from christianbooks.com and a couple of the reviews posted there.

You've heard it a million times: Do your best. That's great for a math test or a band concert, but what about the rest of your life? God wants you to do your best and be your best. How? Lost of ways! In The Christian Girl's Guide to Being Your Best, you will see what it means to be the best Christian girl you can be. Stories about real and fictional girls, devotionals, Scripture, journaling, quizzes, crafts and other activities will show you how to live out God's special plan for your life. Recommended for ages 8 and up.
Customer Reviews
Average Rating: (5 out of 5 stars)

5 of 5 Reviews Showing:

Reviewed by Nikki (clearwater, fl), April 19, 2004

I've read this book three times. My favorite parts are the stories where you can rewrite the ending so the girls make a better choice. I also like the quotes by real girls and the quiz to help you find out your talents. The only thing I'd change is to make the book longer or to make a second book to this one.

Reviewed by Jessica (Florida), November 22, 2003

I am a twelve year old girl and I love this book! I like the quizzes like "What is Success" and "Do You Give In" because you learn about yourself and doing the right thing. I did most of the crafts. I did the chalkboard, prayer jar, thankfulness calendar, clothespin caterpillar and apple mouth. I like Tip #3 best: Stand Up for Yourself and What's Right because that's hard to do in a public middle school!



The Christian Girl's Guide to the Bible. This was a fun book to write and it was my way of making the Bible interesting and relevant to girls.
Christianbook.com description:
If you think the Bible is boring, think again! No matter what type of reading you like, you will find it in the Bible. Suspense? Yep. Romance? No problem. Adventure? Got it. Humor? Sure. See for yourself and let The Christian Girl's Guide to the Bible:

Take you through each book of the Bible a section at a time.
Help you understand when and how the Bible was written.
Teach you all about the Bible's kings and queens, prophets and preachers.
Entertain you with puzzles, crafts, quizzes and other fun activities.
The Bible is an awesome book that's more than just a book: it's God's Word! Recommended for ages 8 and up.

Reviews:
Customer Reviews
Average Rating: (5 out of 5 stars)


Reviewed by Jennifer (Rancho Cucamonga, CA), August 09, 2006

I bought this book for my oldest daughter a couple of years ago and just bought it again for my younger daughter. It is a great guide to an over all understanding of the Bible. My daughter liked it as well. It apparently kept her interest while teaching her valuable information.

Reviewed by mary (Indiana), February 01, 2006

A great book for the pre teen girl to learn and enjoy the Bible. It includes puzzles, crafts, stories and quizzes to help remember many of the most popular Bible stories. it has a synopsis of each book of the Bible with helpful stories about each main character of the book.



The Junior High Survival Guide. This isn't a popular book for this reason--the students who most need to read it are the ones who hate to read! But it's still in print. I'd love to see them update it to a middle school book rather than junior high but since it's not a big seller, they won't. This book was published by Concordia in 1998 and is my very first book.
Customer Reviews
Average Rating: (4.5 out of 5 stars)

Reviewed by Teresa Cleary (Cincinnati, OH), February 17, 2001

If I had had this book before I started junior high school, I think I would have enjoyed the experience a whole lot more. Cassel gives practical, concrete advice on everything from testing taking to organizing your life to making friends to handling peer pressure. My son liked the interactive nature of the book and the fact that it was geared toward him as a Christian youth. I like that it got him thinking about those upcoming junior high years, what he could expect, and how he could handle it all. Now if Cassel would just do a practical dating guide that I could hand him in a couple more years!

Reviewed by PGS (Elkhart, IN), December 27, 2000

This book is a must for all incoming middle and junior high students. It will help them learn study skills, test taking strategies, goal setting, and time management. Students will also learn how to make and keep friends and how to deal with negative peer pressure while exerting positive peer pressure of their own.



Just for Me: The Bible
This was a fun book to write and my six-year-old daughter and I are reading through it a short section each day after school.
Product Description
The Bible is the most special book ever because it's God's Word to us! The Bible is full of exciting stories about good and bad people, kings and queens, friendships, families, and more In Just for Me: The Bible there are activities, stories, crafts, games, and puzzles that will help you learn about the Bible in fun ways. Recommended for ages 6 to 9.
Customer Reviews
Average Rating: (5 out of 5 stars)

3 of 3 Reviews Showing:

Reviewed by Jasmine (USA), November 16, 2007

Just for Me: The Bible is really good. I like it because it has a lot of crafts and Katie and Sarah stories in it. I like to read the stories. I did the Bible bookmark craft, the door knob hanger craft and the trail mix so far. I can't wait to finish the book!

Reviewed by michaela (Florida), November 03, 2007

I read the whole book in two days because I really got into it. I liked because it takes you through the Bible. I did all the puzzles but not all the crafts. I recommend it for kindergarten to second grade girls.

Reviewed by Tai (florida), November 02, 2007

This is the best book about the Bible for young girls. It discusses the different books of the Bible, heroes of the Bible, and includes crafts that are usable such as Christmas ornament and mailboxes.


WANT A FREE BOOK?
I will send a copy of any of these books to the first five people between now and New Year's Day who post a comment on this blog. Tell me which book you want and why. Tell me who to sign the book to. If you see that you are one of the first five, have a parent e-mail your address to me at kathycassel@comcast.net. (I write under my official name of Katrina but am mostly called Kathy).

6 comments:

Jordyn said...

My name is Jordyn and if I win a book I would want the Just for Me: The Bible one. I am 5 years old and I love learning about Jesus.

ps my big sisters e-mail address is nadia83@telusplanet.net

Olivia Morgan said...

My Name is Olivia . My Mom is Courtney . I would like the Christian Girl's Guide to the Bible. I think it will help me enjoy the bible more.

My Mom's e-mail is campgirdwood@yahoo.com

I am 11 years old.

Abby Girdwood said...

I am Abby and I would like to win the friends book.

I am 9 years old and my sister is Olivia.

The Borlase Bunch said...

we are sisters- Alexis, Kaya and Taylor from north carolina

we would love to have the book the christian girls guide to the bible

we are twin nine year olds and an eleven year old

thanks

Christine said...

Hi Kathy,
The Christian Girl's Guide to Being Your Best sounds like the perfect book for my daughter Annalyn. She loves to read, and enjoys journaling. This would be perfect for her. Thanks so much! ;)

Christine

About Our Family said...

Hi Kathy, I asked Taylor (my grand-daughter)if she wanted a chance to win a book last week. But she was ill with a stomach bug for several days after Christmas. Poor Baby. She flys back to California this weekend. Your Books look great and if I were 10 I would want the "Friends" book!

Terry