Friday, June 27, 2008

Summer Challenge Summary

Several girls started reading through Just4Me: The Bible or The Christian Girl's Guide to the Bible at the beginning of June. We should be starting Chapter Five on Sunday but many are still on chapters 3 or 4 and that's okay. They are longer than some of the other chapters.

Everyone who told me they were doing the challenge should have received pencils/pens in the mail. If you didn't or you are just starting, let me know!

The first prize I gave out was a FaithGirlz purse to the first person who sent me a picture of the craft from chapter one.

The next prizes I gave out were orange rubber band bracelets or butterfly pins to whoever sent a picture of themselves reading their book somewhere funny or in the regular place where they read it. There are still two bracelets, two butterfly pins and the hope pin left so you can still e-mail your pictures for that to kathycassel@comcast.net.

I was traveling last week so Jasmine and I took our books with and had our pictures taken in all sorts of unusual places. We got some funny looks but no one really paid much attention to us.

I will be out of town next week again so I am going to tell you about the next prizes. Here they are:







I am giving away a FaithGirlz frame and a FaithGirlz notebook. The notebook just has plain paper inside. You can use it to write down homework assignments, friend's phone numbers or whatever.

The prizes will go to the first two people who e-mail me a picture of a craft they did from chapters 3 or 4 of either book. Don't worry if you don't hear back from me right away. I will be offline all of next week.

If you are enjoying the books, considering doing a blog post about them, writing a reveiw on christian books (click HERE), amazon (click HERE), or dropping the publisher a note:
Dan Miley
Legacy Press
P.O. Box 261129
San Diego, CA 92196

1 comment:

Natalie said...

Eliana, Madeline, and Meghan will be joining your summer challenge. We are going to start at the beginning right now. We have both books so we will go through one or the other...maybe both. :)