Thursday, November 06, 2008

What's Next?

For me--I am trying to finish an article about celebrities and role models for Living with Teens. I am missing personal stories from parents to make it more interesting. I have all the text book type stuff.


This month is National Novel Writing Month and there is a website where you can register to write 50,000 words in November. I should have done that but I'm not that ambitious. However, Jessica and I plan to write the second book in a series we are working on.



We have proposed book one of the series to Moody Press and have been waiting months just to hear back. They will not accept a manuscript which is being shown to another publisher at the same time so we have to wait to hear either way from them before sending it to someone else.





The book is called The Emerald Coast Youth Group: Kidnapped in Haiti. Jessica and I are working on book two now. It will be about 20,000 words same as the first one. The second one is set in Atlanta and we need to do some research about the city. We were there in July 07 but didn't know we'd be using it as a setting.



Adam, Jessica and I are also working on a series idea for boys ages 6-9 that we plan to propose to Legacy. I want to get through the celebrity article before we really get serious about it.

Just for Me: My Family should arrive in San Diego any day. Before I see it again it will be edited, formatted and illustrated. Right before it goes to print, I will get it back to proof. I don't know what its publication date is so don't know when to expect it. If it's going to be in print next July for ICRS, then I'll probably get it back Mar-Apr.

2 comments:

One Crowded House said...

I love that you are working on books with your kids- that is so neat!

Lisa said...

Wow! You've got a lot of writing going on! I don't know how you keep it all straight. I usually can't read more than one book at a time - get my stories confused. :)