Saturday, February 05, 2011

Bible Women: Eve part 2


"For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God prepared in advance for us to do." Ephesians 2:10

Eve was created in God's image. That doesn't mean she physically looked like God or that she was perfect like God. It means that she had the ability to love, show kindness, be faithful and in other ways resemble God. She was a reflection of God's glory. She was chosen to be the mother of all creation. It was a big responsibility.

Even after Eve sinned and had to leave the garden, she was still the mother of the human race. She gave birth to Cain, Abel, Seth and other children.

Just as God had a plan for Eve, he has a special plan for each person he creates. The Bible says we are created to do good works, and he knows ahead of time what these are. They aren't the same for each person, because God gave each person a unique personality and talents to equip him or her to do the job he has planned.

God may have gifted you with ability to program computers or do graphic design. He may have given you musical talent. Perhaps God gave you athletic ability. Maybe you are good at working with children. Everyone has strengths, even if they aren't the kind you can show off on stage. Whatever gifts God gave you, he plans for you to use them for him and others. Don't hide or ignore your gifts.

Are you using the abilities God gave you? Below are three descriptions. Choose whether A, B or C best describes you.


1.
a.I don't really think about my talents--if I even have any.

b.I have talents but my friends have more.

c. I use my talents whenever I can to help others.



2.
a.I let other girls take the lead in projects and tell me what to do.

b.I offer suggestions for projects but let others decide.

c. I volunteer to do what I'm best at to help the group.



3.
a. I don't really have any goals or plans.

b.There are things I'd like to do but I haven't really made any plans yet.

c. There are things I am working to accomplish.

How did you do?

If you checked mostly As, you are missing out on the wonderful things God has planned for you. Either you haven't found your talents yet, or you haven't learned to use them. Ask a friend or parents what they think your strengths are, and look for ways to use them.

If you checked mostly Bs,you realize you have talents, but you remain a spectator in life. You need to put your talents in action. Find one way to do that this week.

If you checked mostly Cs, you are using your unique abilities to make a difference. You are confident about who you and are and what you're capable of doing. Keep up the good work.

No comments: