Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Books of History

This week the girls reading The Christian Girl's Guide to the Bible should be in the chapter called "Heroes in History." By the end of the week we should be at about page 78. If you're behind, no problem. Take your time learning about some of the Bible's unlikely heroes.

I think my favorite judge is Shamgar. He killed 600 Philistines with an oxgoad, a common farm instrument. Sometimes when it seems I have no true abilities or talents, I think about Shamgar and the fact that he used what was at hand to do God's work. Certainly we can all do that! What can you use for God?

The Just for Me girls should also be reading about Old Testament Heroes. Kayla has just started so we are behind the others.

Remember to leave your comments and send your craft pictures. Once I've heard from you four times, I'll send you your copy of One Year Devotions for Girls Starring Women of the Bible.

No comments: