Monday, August 12, 2013

The Best of Summer Part 3

As I said at the end of my last post, Jasmine and I headed to Indiana from St. Louis, while Rick, Tyler, Adam and the twins drove up from Florida. We met at a park in Ashley's town to spend some time with her, Mike and the kids.

Rick and Ashley

with Phoenix, 9, and Griffin, 5



We celebrated Griffin's 6th birthday early. It's not really until Aug 27.

I'm afraid I don't know much about battling Bay Blades, but I tried : )







Then we headed up to Rick and my home town. This is my mom.


This is Rick's mom


Rick's parents moved into an apartment on the river.




We went to the lake with one of my high school friends.


Adam made this jello.

Juanita on her jet ski, Adam on the tube. It's different tubing on the lake because you don't have the big waves, and you don't get a mouthful of salt water.

After the lake, Rick, Adam and the twins left to return to Florida. The rest of us stayed another day.

We stopped at Grissom Air Museum on the way home. For me, it's about the journey, so I try to find cool places to stop for breaks.


Tyler and Jasmine are at the top. I only went half way up, decided I wasn't having that much fun, and went back down to take pictures.

Tyler

Inside the museum


The next day we went to a really nice science museum in Birmingham.




Then we drove on home. There were rainstorm as we drove both days, so we didn't make great time. We arrived home on July 4th.


The rest of our summer has been spent at home. I'll post about that next time.

What has been the highlight of your summer? Leave a comment. 

No comments: