Saturday, August 01, 2015

Kaleb's New Orleans' Adventure

My New Orleans' Adventure
by
Kaleb Cassel

            I went to New Orleans in June to celebrate my dad’s birthday. It was a really cool trip. My favorite place was City Park because there was so much to do there.

            When we first went to City Park we decided to walk around to see what all it had. We discovered a small pond with a fountain, and we did our devotions there. Then we continued walking.



            We saw train tracks and realized we could ride the train and see the park. We followed the tracks and they lead us to Story Land. We found out we could go in for $4 each, so we did that.

            Once inside Story Land, we saw it was a playground made up of statues of different fairy tales. There was Peter Pan on Captain Hook’s boat, Alice in Wonderland, The Woman in a Shoe, Red Riding Hood, Rapunzel, The Three Little Pig and their houses and Puff the Magic Dragon, which was a slide.

            My favorite of these was the Puff the Magic Dragon slide because it went fast. My sisters and I made a train at the top of the slide. Then we all sped down together and landed in a pile at the bottom.

            After we finished going through Story Land, we bought tickets and rode the train around the park. From the train, we saw a lake with people boating on it, the botanical gardens, several playgrounds and the sculpture park. We decided to play on one of the playgrounds.






            After we played a while, we went to the “Morning Call” restaurant. I had ice cream while the others had Beignets, which are a French pastry. Then it was time to leave and drive home.

            New Orleans was a new and exciting experience. I hope to return to see more of it in the future.


2 comments:

Lou said...

Sounds like a fun time. I have never been to New Orleans.

Rose Anne said...

Kaleb,
It sounds like you had a great trip...I think I would had to try the Beignets because I can get Ice cream at home ..
Thanks for let us see how much fun you had. Great Job.