The basic instructions are the same as the Let Your Light Shine Jar:
- Glass jar
- Paint in any three fall colors (Red, orange, yellow, brown) made for glassware- we used Folk Art Enamel with a picture of a glass on the lid
- Place to work away from anything important because this can get messy.
- Colored paper
- Pen, pencil or marker
What to do:
- Wipe the jars with rubbing alcohol to get off oil from your hands or any dirt.
- Add a couple of drops of water to the paint (and stir) so it's a bit thinner. (Iforgot to do this with part of the paint, and we have big globs.)
- Start with the lightest color. Dip the brush, hold it in front of the jar and tap the brush with your other hand making the paint splatter forward.
- Let dry for an hour and splatter the next lightest color.
- Let dry for another hour and splatter the darkest.
- Let dry for another hour and put on a cookie sheet and put in a cold oven. Heat to 350F. Bake 30 minutes. Turn the oven off and let it cool in the oven.
- Cut the colored paper into strips. Write on each strip one thing that you are thankful for or one blessing. Do this daily as you think of them. Have your family members do the same.
- Put the slips of paper in the Blessing Jar
- On Thanksgiving Day read the slips of paper.
O give thanks to the LORD, for he is good: for his mercy endures for ever. Psalm 107:1